There are some basic easy-to-understand criteria that should be followed in order to select a green coffee bean extract product that will give you the best chance to achieve the benefits you are looking for. The criteria listed below will enable you to select a product that conforms to the criteria suggested by Dr. Oz when he recommended green coffee supplements in 2012.
The best green coffee supplements should be:
1) 100% Pure – Read the labels carefully. Pure means no additional ingredients whatsoever and no fillers, no binders, and no added ingredients. There should only be one ingredient listed which should be green coffee bean extract. Even if the label says “pure” be sure to read the ingredients label to verify the product is, in fact, pure. If a website does not include the product ingredients label, that website and product should be avoided. Click here to see the ingredients label for our #1 recommended product Perfect Green Coffee.
2) Chlorogenic Acid Level 40% to 50% – Chlorogenic acid is an antioxidant present in green coffee beans that some observers believe is the component in raw unroasted green coffee beans that provide a number of potential healthy benefits . Green coffee beans are the most potent plant source of chlorogenic acid. Many nutrtional supplement companies and other observers state that a chlorogenic acid level of 40% to 50% is best. Our favorite product Perfect Green Coffee has a chlorogenic acid level of 50% making it among the most potent green coffee products available.
3) Lab Verified – The purity and chlorogenic acid level should be lab-verified by a certified testing lab. The brand Perfect Green Coffee fits this criteria and the relevant portion of the Certificate of Analysis is posted here on HealthFoodPost.com. Click here to see.
4) Made In The USA – The product should be manufactured in the USA or another trusted location with top-notch quality controls. Beware of products that do not disclose where they are made. Note: Some popular products indicate Made in PRC. For those who are not aware, PRC is the Peoples Republic of China. Our #1 green coffee pick Perfect Green Coffee is made in the USA.
5) Manufactured under FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) – Look for this on websites to verify that (like Perfect Green Coffee) the product you are considering is manufactured in a facility that conforms to these standards.
Our #1 Pick For Best Quality/Best Value is…
‘Perfect Green Coffee’
This product meets all the criteria above and much more including price value. Perfect Green Coffee is typically approximately 50% cheaper than competitors when buying at least 3 bottles of more, and it’s quality and potency is as good as it gets. Click here for more details.
Green Coffee Review – Which Is Best?
Green Coffee Bean Extract & Chlorogenic Acid
Some research has demonstrated that raw unroasted green coffee beans, or “green coffee bean extract” may offer a number of potential healthy benefits.
Green coffee beans are coffee beans, which have not been roasted. And green coffee bean extract is an extract from the unroasted green coffee bean.
If green coffee is ground and roasted like regular coffee, it has very little taste. In fact, coffee brewed with green coffee beans would be extremely bitter. So, folks who wish to supplement with a chlorogenic acid product would probably prefer taking a green coffee bean extract supplement rather than drinking something with no taste or a bitter unpleasant taste.
The coffee that most of us love to drink, by the way, derives its’ flavor from the roasting process.
Recent News About Health Benefits From Coffee Consumption
To Buy or Get More Information…
Click on either image below
Answers to Some Commonly Asked Questions
What is chlorogenic acid?
Chlorogenic acid is a substance present in green coffee bean extract that has been studied and researched over the years.
What is meant by “pure” green coffee bean extract?
Pure means no additives whatsoever. None! In other words the product should have no fillers and nothing at all added. But consumers need to read labels to verify that the product contains no fillers or other unnecessary ingredients or preservatives. Many products labeled pure are not really pure. So, be sure and read the labels and if there is something on the label you do not understand, call or email the company. And if there is no products ingredients label on the company website, avoid the product.
What Is GCA and GCA®?
This is an abbreviation for green coffee antioxidant. It’s also a brand of green coffee extract containing 42% chlorogenic acid.
What is Svetol®?
This is a brand of green coffee bean extract containing 45% chlorogenic acid.
Is it important that green coffee supplements contain GCA or Svetol?
No. GCA and Svetol are brand names. They are promoted as good brand names but brand names are not important. Claims that green coffee bean extract supplements must contain the brand names GCA or Svetol in order to be considered authentic are not correct. The chlorogenic acid level and the purity of the product are important, not the brand names. By steering clear of the hype surrounding brand names, consumers can save money with a quality product such as Perfect Green Coffee.
What Is GCBA?
This is an abbreviation for green coffee bean antioxidant.
What is GCBE?
This is an abbreviation for green coffee bean extract.
What to look for on a product ingredients label?
The product label should state the chlorogenic acid level (see above) since chlorogenic acid is the antioxidant present in raw coffee beans that consumers shopping for green coffee supplements are looking for. As mentioned previously, there should be (1) no fillers, (2) no binders, and (3) no artificial ingredients. So, read the ingredients labels carefully. Ingredients labels should be displayed on all websites offering nutritional supplements.
What else to look for when evaluating a product?
Make sure you know that the product was manufactured in a country with proper quality controls.
Does it matter if the product is made from Arabica or Robusta coffee beans?
No, absolutely not. There is much more information about this subject elsewhere on this website.